Steer Canada’s Future
As Canada’s investment attraction and promotion agency, Invest in Canada leads with one goal: to find the best to invest. We rally the country’s economic forces to bring committed and engaged global businesses and their investments to our country. This pursuit requires us to brand and market Canada on the national and global stage to increase awareness of what our country has to offer and why we’re the go-to destination for investment. In bringing your skills and expertise to Invest in Canada, you will be a part of building a prosperous, sustainable economy for our country, our communities, and the world.
Guided by these principles, we believe our people are the key to advancing our mission of establishing Canada as the leading destination for global investment. Driving the development of Canada’s collective economic and social wealth involves a high-level of innovation, forward-thinking and accountability. You will be joining a team that is encouraged and challenged by building a greater Canada. Being a key member of a dynamic and action-oriented team, you will take ownership over your work, collaborate with the greater team and become a reliable expert within the organization.
Invest in Canada is looking for a temporary Events Manager to effectively execute events by optimizing logistical coordination through superior planning and implementation. Reporting to the Director, Events, this role will ensure all efforts are fully aligned with Invest in Canada’s event strategy and overall organizational plan and priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute Invest in Canada-hosted events and/or Invest in Canada’s participation in larger events across Canada or on an international scale.
- Plan, organize, and integrate the activities of multiple stakeholders and service providers (hotels, conference centers, caterers, AV, etc.).
- Manage the tracking, monitoring, and reporting on events and their outcomes as well as identify areas of improvement.
- Manage the implementation of business partnerships with suppliers, in accordance with Invest in Canada’s contracting policies.
- Provide input into evaluating and supporting contract negotiations with vendors.
- Track and monitor all financial resources associated with each event to ensure compliance with Invest in Canada’s travel and hospitality policies.
- Develop strong working relationships with event counterparts in external organizations and participate in working groups dedicated to executing event logistics for all events.
- Manage and execute on-the-ground logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Marketing, or related field.
- 3-5 years of technical experience.
- 3-5 years of management experience in event planning, preferably in a corporate office environment.
- Combination of broad knowledge in event management, project management, and marketing.
- Professional designation (CMP, CSEP) considered an asset.
- Experience in sponsored events and/or Ministerial events, considered an asset.
- Strong client-focus with ability to develop internal and external working relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- High level of project management skills.
- Adaptable, organized, analytical.
Invest in Canada Offers:
- The opportunity to build a more sustainable economy for Canadians and the world.
- A collaborative and innovative working environment.
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours and extensive leave policies.
- A competitive salary and a defined pension plan
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 12, 2021 if you are interested. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position and our organization.
As an agency of the Government of Canada, all employees of Invest in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on medical contraindication or a prohibited group for discrimination as defined under the Canada Human Rights Act.
This requirement applies to all employees regardless of their employment status (indeterminate, temporary or student) or work location (remotely, telework or on site). Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment you will be asked to complete a vaccination attestation. For more information, please refer to the Government of Canada’s Website: Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination.
Invest in Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce and values employment equity as an integral part of professional excellence.
Invest in Canada values the diverse and intersectional identities of its staff, and we regard equity and diversity as an integral part of professional excellence and are committed to accessibility for all employees.
Invest in Canada seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism and inclusion. Invest in Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.