Executive Assistant to the CEO
Invest in Canada is an investment promotion agency that brands Canada on the world stage. Our job is to help global businesses accelerate their investment in Canada. At Invest in Canada, we believe that recruiting dynamic, skilled, and energetic people is key to delivering world class services to our clients.
We want our people to have work-life balance, grow personally and professionally, feel supported on the job and love what they do. It’s an open-door policy – you can talk to our Marketing Team if you want to learn more about social media or our Information Services team to chat about recently released FDI data. We challenge our team to continuously learn and ask questions.
We hire people who are passionate about making Canada stronger. At Invest in Canada, our people make a difference for prospective investors, providing premier concierge-level services, and supporting their efforts to make informed, data-driven decisions. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on the Canadian economy.
We expect a lot from our team because we believe that we are building a stronger country. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Invest in Canada is the place for you.
Invest in Canada is looking for an Executive Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Staff. This role will work in a highly administrative capacity to manage schedules, coordinate meetings, arrange logistics and travel, prepare expense claims, and coordinate stakeholder and client meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage CEO and Chief of Staff schedules by screening meeting requests, determining priorities, scheduling appointments, and researching information as required.
- Prepare CEO and Chief of Staff for internal and external meetings and speaking engagements.
- Manage meeting and engagement logistics, which includes booking rooms, confirming attendance of participants, arranging teleconferences, sending out documentation, and coordinating briefing materials.
- Provide tactical advice resulting from the analysis and interpretation of high-level information.
- Operate within IIC policy and guidelines to make financial decisions, involving the corporate credit card.
- Liaise with meeting participants to ensure they are equipped with necessary resources and information.
- Provide administrative services to the CEO and Chief of Staff, including:
- Travel logistics
- Greeting and receiving clients and guests
- Processing reimbursement and expense claims
- Manage and ensure confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Prioritize administrative and scheduling tasks.
- Post-secondary education in Administration, Public Administration, or related field, considered an asset
- 3-5 years of technical experience
- Bilingual (English and French), required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Government practices, policies and procedures to make travel arrangements and to process reimbursement and expense claims, considered an asset
- Familiar with the methods, techniques, and practices of administration
- Initiative, Detail-oriented
Invest in Canada Offers:
- A collaborative and innovative working environment
- A place for continuous learning and growth
- Flexible work hours
- A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a defined benefit pension plan
- The opportunity to make Canada even stronger
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, by September 22nd if you are interested. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position and our organization.