Interim Chief Marketing Officer
Steer Canada’s Future
As Canada’s investment attraction and promotion agency, Invest in Canada (IIC) leads with one goal: to find the best to invest. We rally the country’s economic forces to bring committed and engaged global businesses and their investments to our country. This pursuit requires us to brand and market Canada on the national and global stage to increase awareness of what our country has to offer and why we’re the go-to destination for investment. In bringing your skills and expertise to Invest in Canada, you will be a part of building a prosperous, sustainable economy for our country, our communities, and the world.
Guided by these principles, we believe our people are the key to advancing our mission of establishing Canada as the leading destination for global investment. Driving the development of Canada’s collective economic and social wealth involves a high-level of innovation, forward-thinking and accountability. You will be joining a team that is encouraged and challenged by building a greater Canada. Being a key member of a dynamic and action-oriented team, you will take ownership over your work, collaborate with the greater team and become a reliable expert within the organization.
Invest in Canada is looking to staff a term Chief Marketing Officer. Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for leading the implementation of the Annual Marketing Business Plan, managing the Marketing budget, and providing leadership to the Marketing team.
Primary responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement the marketing and communications unit annual business plan aligned with IIC’s overall marketing and advertising strategy
- Manage the business unit budget
- Provide direction and oversight on the Agency of Record responsible for planning and executing large scale, international advertising campaigns
- Execute high profile events to advance Invest in Canada’s mandate
- Develop and execute communications products to educate the domestic audience on foreign direct investment and position IIC as a thought leader
- Make key branding decisions on a national and international scale and maintain brand awareness while avoiding brand reputational risk
- Lead IIC’s messaging and promotional efforts to advance its mandate while maintaining cohesion with priorities and public positioning from the Government of Canada
- Safeguard the organization’s public reputation, advising on all elements that could have a reputational impact, including corporate reporting
- Participate in Senior Staff committee and present regularly across the organization
- Communicate regularly with federal, provincial, and municipal partners
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, media, or related field.
- Master’s degree, considered an asset
- 10 years of proven success leading teams responsible for marketing and communications with the ability to provide advice relating to communications, branding, digital marketing, and events.
- At least 7 years of management experience
- Robust knowledge of Government of Canada policies, programs and messaging
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Canada’s value proposition for investment attraction.
- Strong ability to be creative and innovative to design marketing/advertising campaigns and communications products.
- Strong ability to evaluate the success of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills and provides leadership across the organization.
- Occasional short trips may be required
Invest in Canada Offers:
- The opportunity to build a more prosperous, sustainable economy for Canadians and the world;
- A collaborative working environment;
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities;
- Flexible work hours and extensive leave policies;
- A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a defined benefit pension plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 28, 2022. if you are interested. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position and our organization.
As an agency of the Government of Canada, all employees of Invest in Canada (IIC) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on medical contraindication or a prohibited group for discrimination as defined under the Canada Human Rights Act.
This requirement applies to all employees regardless of their employment status (indeterminate, temporary or student) or work location (remotely, telework or on site). Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment you will be asked to complete a vaccination attestation. For more information, please refer to the Government of Canada’s Website: Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination.
Invest in Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce and values employment equity as an integral part of professional excellence.
Invest in Canada values the diverse and intersectional identities of its staff, and we regard equity and diversity as an integral part of professional excellence and are committed to accessibility for all employees.
Invest in Canada seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism and inclusion. IIC is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.