Investor Services Advisor, Prairies
Invest in Canada is a new federal agency that will brand Canada and help global business accelerate their investment in Canada. We bring together industry, community partners and all levels of government to provide a seamless service for investment expansion in Canada.
Based in Calgary, the Investor Services Advisor will work along side the two Regional Director’s in the Canadian Prairies (Calgary, AB and Regina, SK), to advise foreign companies on various topics and direct them to the appropriate resources as required. The Advisor will have an understanding of government and relationship building abilities to assist clients in navigating through various government programs and processes to facilitate their investment in Canada. This position will report to the Regional Director, Calgary.
- Proactive engagement and outreach to clients and key government contacts to establish strong rapports and maintain existing relationships.
- Advise clients on various government programs and processes.
- Coordinate and assist with meetings between clients and government contacts.
- Coordinate the development and packaging of client requested research material.
- Assist with initial outreach to potential investors and help to facilitate the scheduling of meetings for clients when they visit the Canadian Prairies Region.
- Identify and build database of relevant information pertaining to Canada as an investment destination, including but not limited to infrastructure, incentives, regulation and supply chains.
- Follow up with potential investors to ensure they receive the required support to pursue investment in Canada.
- Assist with local marketing efforts and work with partners to ensure marketing material is aligned with IIC;
- Foster a team-based culture ensuring positive working relationships with investment promotion agencies across Canada.
- Track and report on all client activity using established CRM solution
- Work with the marketing team to identify opportunities for building new relationships, and strengthening existing ones.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, International Business or in a related field.
- Graduate degree is considered an asset (MBA, Masters of Economics, or in a related field)
- 3-5 years of related experience (government – programs/policy, business development, sales and/or promoting Canada as an investment destination)
- Industry experience within one of the following sectors: Natural resources and mining, agri-food, life sciences, technology (including robotics and automation), Information Communications Technology, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of government departments, programs and processes.
- Ability to build successful working relationship with senior executives in both the private and public sectors.
- Ability to use lead generation platforms to assist in identifying new clients.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, global environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a particular strength in dealing with a wide variety of individuals at various levels within and outside of the organization.
- Bilingual an asset (English and French)
** Business Travel requirements: flexibility for some regular business travel between Calgary, AB and Regina, SK.
Invest in Canada Offers:
- A place for continuous learning and growth
- Flexible work hours
- A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a defined benefit pension plan
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday September 23, 2020. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position and our organization, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of their application.