Investor Services Coordinator (Internship)
Steer Canada’s Future
As Canada’s investment attraction and promotion agency, Invest in Canada leads with one goal: to find the best to invest. We rally the country’s economic forces to bring committed and engaged global businesses and their investments to our country. This pursuit requires us to brand and market Canada on the national and global stage to increase awareness of what our country has to offer and why we’re the go-to destination for investment. In bringing your skills and expertise to Invest in Canada, you will be a part of building a prosperous, sustainable economy for our country, our communities, and the world.
Guided by these principles, we believe our people are the key to advancing our mission of establishing Canada as the leading destination for global investment. Driving the development of Canada’s collective economic and social wealth involves a high-level of innovation, forward-thinking and accountability. You will be joining a team that is encouraged and challenged by building a greater Canada. Being a key member of a dynamic and action-oriented team, you will take ownership over your work, collaborate with the greater team and become a reliable expert within the organization.
Invest in Canada is looking for a part-time intern for the winter term to be part of the Investor Services team. This position will work in collaboration with the broader Invest in Canada team and will support our Regional Directors in the Prairies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the engagement and outreach to clients and key government contacts
- Coordinate and assist with meetings between clients and government contacts.
- Coordinate the development and packaging of client requested research material.
- Track and report on all client activity using established CRM solution
- Identify and build database of relevant information pertaining to Canada as an investment destination, including but not limited to infrastructure, incentives, regulation, and supply chains.
- Support positive working relationships with investment promotion agencies across Canada.
- Third or Fourth-year student completing a post-secondary education
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with short deadlines
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
- A drive to learn about Foreign Direct Investment, economics, and relationship management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellence in communication, organization and managing relationships
Winter hours: 15 – 22 hours/week (to be agreed upon by student and employer)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by December 12, 2021. if you are interested. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position and our organization.
As an agency of the Government of Canada, all employees of Invest in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on medical contraindication or a prohibited group for discrimination as defined under the Canada Human Rights Act.
This requirement applies to all employees regardless of their employment status (indeterminate, temporary or student) or work location (remotely, telework or on site). Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment you will be asked to complete a vaccination attestation. For more information, please refer to the Government of Canada’s Website: Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination.
Invest in Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce and values employment equity as an integral part of professional excellence.
Invest in Canada values the diverse and intersectional identities of its staff, and we regard equity and diversity as an integral part of professional excellence and are committed to accessibility for all employees.
Invest in Canada seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism and inclusion. Invest in Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.