Pan-Canadian AI Strategy
The artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning revolution is well underway, and Canada is at its forefront. From top-ranked educational institutions and market-leading tech companies to world-renowned researchers, Canada’s AI ecosystems are leading global AI developments.
To continue to foster this growth and maintain its leadership position, Canada launched the $125M Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy in 2017—making it the first country to release a national AI strategy.
The Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy is designed to further build on the existing AI ecosystems in Canada by:
- Increasing the number of highly-skilled researchers and graduates;
- Enhancing research capabilities and discoveries through collaboration across three centres of excellence;
- Demonstrating global leadership around the economic, ethical, policy and legal implications around advancement in AI technologies; and
- Supporting a national research community on AI.
What’s in it for you?
By establishing roots in a country that prioritizes and leads AI research and development, global companies can:
- Tap into a growing AI talent pool
- Leverage national AI research capabilities
- Partner with leading AI research institutes on new technology developments
The Pan-Canadian AI Strategy is founded on a partnership between the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) and the three centres of excellence: the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (AMII) in Edmonton, the Vector Institute in Toronto, and the Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (Mila) in Montreal. Together, they provide the support, resources, and talent for AI innovation and investment.