Programs and incentives
Canada offers incentives and tax credit programs to global companies looking to invest in Canada. Contact us for a customized information package on the programs and incentives designed to help your business grow.
Global Skills Strategy
The Global Skills Strategy allows employers to fast-track skilled international workers to Canada quickly and easily.
The program offers:
- short-duration work permit exemptions
- fast processing for highly skilled workers
- Global Talent Stream for hiring specialized workers
Are you a person looking to move to Canada? Visit Canada.ca
Scientific Research and Experimental Development
The SR&ED tax incentive program is Canada’s largest R&D program with $3 billion in tax incentives annually.
Eligible R&D projects:
- address a technological or scientific uncertainty
- address a technological advancement
- use a systematic investigation or search
Accelerated Investment Incentive
This program allows companies to write off a large share of the costs of newly acquired capital assets, like equipment in the year the purchase is made or the asset becomes available for use.
Write off a large share of:
- manufacturing and processing equipment purchases
- clean energy equipment purchases
Strategic Innovation Fund
The Strategic Innovation Fund has established Canada as a top destination to invest and grow. The program provides funding for large innovation projects and more.
- R&D support
- growth and expansion facilitation
- large-scale investment attraction and retention
- industrial R&D and technology demonstration advancement
- national innovation ecosystems support
Join an innovation cluster and drive growth
Canada’s Global Innovation Clusters are building first-rate innovation ecosystems through $1 billion in federal government funding, matched dollar-for-dollar by industry. These 5 groups drive intense business activity in key industries and bring together companies, academic institutions and not-for-profit organizations.
How we help
Want to learn more about the programs and incentives Canada offers global businesses?